Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Our new master bedroom....

I know.. I took a long break.. I really needed this break. There was just so much going on, I needed some time off. I'm glad I am back!

Well this weekend we finally bought our bedroom set. I am so happy! Don't get me wrong. I love my round bed, but our master bedroom wasn't complete. I needed a change. Our round bed is in our guest bedroom now. Next project, decorating our guest bedroom! :)

I bought a beautiful frame for our 1 year anniversary pictures. It was perfect for all of our pictures. I decided to place the frame on the wall before entering our bedroom. I think it looks beautiful. I do need more decoration though!


I had a few blank spots and decided to decorate with scrapbook paper. You never go wrong with scrapbook paper. I love how it turned out!


Here is the entrance to our bedroom. I really do feel like a queen in this room. I feel very calm and relaxed when I am in my room.

Four poster bed! Yeahhhh.. I love it! I've always wanted a four poster bed. It looks so elegant and different. The colors look perfect! Two things I will be working on this weekend: buying pillows ( I love pillows) and adding a nice seating area in place of t.v.






My nightstand! haha.. I am still working on decoration. What do you think about decor? Too simple? Too much?


I needed to incorporate my 105 year old books in our room. Aren't they lovely? I bought a set of 13 books.


One of my favorite photos we took for our 1st year anniversary! Its so Vogue! ha..



I am in love with my curtains! It reminds me of Beauty and the Beast. Belles dress?!!


This is the area I will be working on this weekend. I dont like having a t.v in our room. I would love to have a reading area with a nice floor lamp and baskets with books. I think I have the perfect chair for this area.


I hope you have enjoyed looking at the pictures. If you have any ideas, comments, suggestions anything please let me know! I'd love to know what you think!

I told you I was going to share some pictures we took for our anniversary, so here you go! Enjoy!













6 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous! I love the frame and your pictures look like they were so much fun to take!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your one year photos are so good, I love the dressy outfit you're wearing in your Vogue pics! The bedroom came together nicely, don't you love having a retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great decorating! And the pictures are fabulous, too! You'll love having those around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha! What a lovely redo on your bedroom! Isn't it such a great feeling? It really does look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha, your bedroom is fabulous! I just love your decorating. Feel like coming over and decorating for me? Your anniversary photos are beautiful as well. Love the dress you wore! Glad you are back to blogging. Definatly missed your creativity but totally understand that you needed some time off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures. They turned out really cute. I love the bedroom, especially the bed.

    ReplyDelete