Monday, August 2, 2010

Baby Gender Reveal Party

Have you heard about baby gender reveal parties?
There are mixed opinions about having a gender reveal party; in my opinion I think its great!
We had our gender reveal ultrasound on Friday, July 30th but really did not find out until the next day at our party. This was the most amazing and exciting party ever! I truly mean it!
I sent out this invitation I did about 3 weeks ago.
It was a "Team Boy" - "Team Girl" theme party, pink and blue of course. Guest had to wear blue if they thought it was a boy, or pink if they thought it was a girl.
I also did a few fun games.
First, who ever brought diapers they received a ticket for a raffle of a $25 giftcard to Olive Garden. We had so many diapers at the end of the day!
Second, we hid a pink bow and a blue pacifier somewhere in the kitchen. The point of the game was for us not to tell anyone and see if anyone could spot the items while being in the kitchen. Well, it didnt work. No one ever spotted the items. So before the reveal, I just let everyone know and played. It was so much fun!
We ended not playing the third game because everyone was so anxious to find out the sex of our baby.

Here is the invitation I did.

Team Girl!



There were way more people in Team Boy!

I used pink and blue decorations for the party. I mainly bought streamers and balloons! Inexpensive and cute! I started buying party stuff about a month ago. Anything that was blue or pink and would work for the party I would buy.




Never forget the veggies! This was the first plate of food gone!
All the food had cute tags that were made with scrapbook paper and a stamp. So easy and they turned out so cute.


A good friend of mine made these cute pink and blue rice krispies pops. They were a hit!

In one corner of my kitchen I had all the drinks. I had sodas, water bottles, pink lemonade and blue hawaiian punch.

I bought these adorable unbreakable drink jugs at Sams Club. They were a hit! I did have trouble finding a blue drink.





I used the same paper as the food tags to make these watter bottle labels. They were so easy to make and looked so cute!

Here is my sister cutting the sub right before guest arrived. By the way, out of all the 40 guest we had (including kids) my sister was the only one who knew what I was having. She did the cupcakes! She was dying for everyone else to know! She did a great job keeping the secret!

Some of my friends who came to the party.
4 out of my 7 best friends are pregnant including myself. Isnt that crazy?

The 3 pregnant ladies!


Here I am with my mom (pink dress) and our good friend Delia.

My husband and I before the reveal. So excited!!

Here I am before the reveal doing the raffle and playing the games. Everyone was so anxious.

Here are the cupcakes and toppers my sister made. They turned out so cute and delicious!
So we had all guest wait until I counted to three to take a bite out of the cupcake and see if we found a blue m&m, or a pink.
I found a blue m&m inside.
IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!
This was so much fun!!! Everyone was excited and had so much fun!
We cant wait to meet our baby, Isaac.

These are all the diapers and gifts we received.
Everything turned out great and we had so much fun.
Hope you enjoyed our party!


18 comments:

  1. Congrats! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun idea! i've never heard of this before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. So much fun!!
    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie party! All the details are so great and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. F U N! F U N!

    Great way to get a jump on the diaper stock too!

    ~Makalani
    Makaz Home

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute party. Congrats on your baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, what a great party...everything was adorable!!! Many congratulations!

    ~Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations girl! I didn't know that you were pregnant. So exciting! We are expecting our first baby in December - we just learned that it's a girl just last Thursday. Congratulations and I can't wait to see all your fun baby projects that I'm sure you'll be doing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't know me, but I love following your blog. My family did something similar to this. It was so much fun finding out together! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww looks like you had a great time (:
    Congrats!!
    Toodles...♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Martha,
    Congratulations! Looks like a really fun party. God Bless little Isaac!

    I awarded you with The Versatile Blogger Award :) Hop over to my blog to get it.

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Could you let me know did you make the invite and where I can make these...love the fonts...Thanks and congrats

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Sounds like a great time. Congrats! All your decorations and ideas are great!


    www.kamaniscombobulations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog is awesome Martha! What an awesome idea for a party. You did an amazing job. This is Piper from etsy and I can't seem to get ahold of you. Hope you are okay. :) Message me back if you get a chance! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously, you did a FANTASTIC job with this party! Who knew it could be such a party to find out!?! I would really like to link to it and highlight a few of your pictures in a post I'm doing in August (2011) on my site www.thedatingdivas.com. Would that be okay? I can choose pictures that do or do not have your faces in them, and you can contact me back at kiirsten@thedatingdivas.com. Thx!!!

    ReplyDelete