Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pom-Poms and a recipe!

Doesn't this look yummy! Its a new recipe I tried today that I found at $5 dollar dinners. Erin is great at keeping meals for up to 4 people for under $5. You should check her blog out! You can click on the recipe below and see for yourself how easy it is. Try it!


Have you ever tried to make these large pom-poms? I have and its fun! If you have a party coming up and need decoration ideas, you have to try these! They look beautiful! You could decide what size to make them.

Here is a picture of 4 pom-poms I made for Mother's Day Dinner. I did not have time to decorate for the dinner party I had for my mom and sister, but I had to have the pom-poms. They actually looked really cute! I found this great tutorial with pictures that shows you how to make them. They are very easy to make! You can also mix colors of tissue paper to give a colorful look to the pom-poms.

Pom-Poms


Here is one of the dishes I made. Everything turned out delicious. This is the first time I cook by myself for so many people. My mom is the one that always helps me, but this time I had to do it by myself. I cooked Shrimp & Garlic Pasta (it was delicious), Shrimp cocktail, Crab Salad and Crab Rice Cake. We had a great time and everyone loved the food! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pom poms. I just recently found those online too. I think I'm going to put some in my kid's room. How fun would that be?

    ReplyDelete